Kos reminded his readers of all the puzzle pieces that came together to make the mid-term election outcome as it was:
- Senate: 51 Dems; 49 Reps; +6 Dems
- House: 229 Dems; 196 Reps; +29 Dems
- Governors: 28 Dems; 22 Reps; +6 Dems
- It wasn't the DNC and Howard Dean (although Dean's 50-state program played a significant role).
- Nor was it the DCCC andd Rahm Emanual.
- Nor the DSCC and Chuck Schumer.
- Nor the 527s and unions and allied organizations that ran all those independent campaigns (the VoteVets ads were awesome).
- Nor the grassroots and Internet crowd (although the technology is improving and more and more are participating and contributing).
- Nor the big dollar donors.
- Nor the new campaigning technologies.
The people spoke in a rush and flurry of exclamation points. And now we have to wait until February for their wishes to come to fruition... if they do. Huah.
[Many terrible things have happened in this waiting period in the past; it's not a time to hibernate.]