Hello President Clinton,
In the 2006 California governor's primary, Steve Westley said some things about Phil Angelides that the Reps are using in their ads against Angelides.
I'm sure that the same will be true in the CT senate race against Lieberman or Lamont because of the rhetoric that's been flying every which way there.
You said yourself the other week in Aspen that: "If we allow our differences over [whatever] to divide us instead of focusing on replacing Republicans [in Congress]; that's the nuttiest strategy I ever heard in my life."
I have a suggestion that you might find hard to swallow BUT might also think is the right thing to do:
- Convince Hillary NOT to run for President in 2008 AND
- Develop and manage (with Hillary) a Draft-Al-Gore campaign for President because:
- of his passion to effect a change regarding global warming
- of his humility in relation to losing the 2000 election
- of his understanding of his mistakes particularly in relation to using you as an asset in his campaign
- of his basic sincerity and humanity
- because he can be a better Internet candidate than any of the others (and, it's my opinion that the 2008 Presidential election will be the first in which the Internet is the primary and most effective media)
- and because it's very likely the best solution for 2008 and for our country's future
And count on me for support in money, effort, technology and whatever else is needed.
Thank you for your consideration.